NEW YORK, NEW YORK – The Metropolitan Club at the corner of Fifth Avenue and 60th Street. The club was organized in the late 19th century by JP Morgan for his steel baron clients who were generally not welcome at the Union Club, the bastion of New York society at the time. From Wikipedia: “JP Morgan served as its first president. Other original members included William K. Vanderbilt and James Roosevelt. Its 1912 clubhouse, designed by Stanford White, stands at 1-11 East 60th Street, on the northeast corner of 5th Avenue. The land on which the Clubhouse stands – 100 feet fronting on Fifth Avenue and 200 feet on 60th Street – was acquired from the Duchess of Marlborough who signed the purchase agreement in the United States Consulate in London. Mr. Cornelius Vanderbilt, who represented the Governors, signed for the Club.”
Leica M9 with 90mm Elmarit lens.