Saturday October 2, 2010

NEW MILFORD CONNECTICUT – This is the First Congregational Church in New Milford. It was founded in 1716; construction on the first meeting house was started in 1719 and was finished in 1731 (construction delays were evidently as common then as they are now); Construction of the present building commenced in 1831, and was completed in 1833. The lovely Greek revival facade was typical of the era.

First Congregational Church New Milford, CT

Taken with a Hasselblad H3d-39 and a 35-90mm zoom lens.